- Aside from the paint update, I also have some major wallpaper plans for this room. With large windows, and a plethora of natural light, it felt like the perfect space to go bold with wallpaper. The newly painted white floors also give it a big dose of brightness.
- I'll be switching out the hand-me-down, mismatched furniture for pieces that feel a bit more modern while still in keeping with a classic, New England Dining Room.
- Since the room is somewhat small, I decided to forgo a large credenza and instead will be adding smaller chests flanking the window as well as floating shelves to display art and tableware tidbits
- There will also be a whole lot of pattern and a larger than life art piece. More on that later!
On the To Do List
1. Brightening Up the Trim
2. Wallpaper Install - cannot even wait for this one
3. Paint French Doors a pretty shade of light gray/blue
4. Lighting Install - another favorite
5. Floating Shelves Install
Textiles and Finishes in a Sea of Blue
1. Trend Fabrics Vern Yip Collection Wallcovering - 30002W Medium Blue 03 | 2. Select Blinds Woven Woods | 3. Hudson Valley Lighting | 4. Faded French Stripe - Blue by kristopherk, Orchid Indigo | Michelle Mathis by michellemathis from Roostery | 5. Conga Line Navy & French Blue, Les Touches Blue, Les Touches Aqua, Java Java Navy fabric samples from Arianna Belle | 6. Textured Solid Light Blue Grey, Ikat Navy from Spoonflower
I'll dive more into the mood board and the pieces I will be incorporating next week! Now lets see what all the other amazing participants are up to...shall we?