Do you have a favorite meal of the day? Mine just so happens to be brunch. Early enough for breakfast foods to still be acceptable and late enough for a cocktail and sweets to make an appearance. But did you know that said brunch treats can actually be healthy too? Thanks to Kara Stout, Dyan Kethley and the team behind all this brunch gorgeousness, we've got the prettiest (and healthiest!) recipes for donut, quiche and pancake lovers alike!
For the Donut Lovers...
Raspberry Lemon Mini Donuts (dairy-free, gluten-free)
(Makes 12 mini donuts)
1 cup coconut flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
¾ cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
½ tsp vanilla
4 organic eggs
¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
½ cup coconut oil
1 ½ lemons
1 heaping cup fresh raspberries
1. Add coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, flaxseed, sea salt and coconut sugar in a
large bowl and mix well.
2. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and then add to the dry mix.
3. Add almond milk, vanilla and coconut oil. Note: make sure the coconut oil is in liquid
form. If solid, melt it over the stove in a pan and then measure it to be ½ cup.
4. Juice the lemons and mix in.
5. Blend raspberries in blender. Add blended raspberries to the dough and mix well.
6. Grease mini donut pan with coconut oil.
7. Spoon the dough into each donut mold.
8. Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes. Make sure to check at 20 minutes.
Raspberry Coconut Glaze
½ cup coconut sugar
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 tbsp coconut oil (again in liquid form)
Juice of ½ lemon
1. Blend raspberries in blender.
2. Add blended raspberries, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and lemon juice to mixing bowl.
3. Mix well with hand mixer.
4. Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
5. Brush glaze onto each donut, covering well and serve!
For the Quiche Lovers...
Mini Quiche made with Farm Fresh Eggs and Seasonal Vegetables
(Makes 4 mini quiches)
2 farm fresh, organic eggs
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup goat cheese
8 asparagus tips
4 sliced grape tomatoes
3 chopped fresh basil leaves
4 chopped chives
2 tbsp almond meal
½ heaping tbsp Provence spice from Glory Kitchen
¼ tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Wholly Wholesome gluten-free 9” pie shell
1. Defrost frozen crust on countertop until thawed.
2. Remove dough from pan and roll out with rolling pin.
3. Grease each mini quiche tart pan with coconut oil.
4. Divide dough into four pieces and press evenly into mini pans.
5. Poke fork holes into crust and bake for 8 minutes on 375.
6. Whisk eggs in large mixing bowl.
7. Stir in the almond milk, goat cheese, almond meal, Provence spice, sea salt, and pepper
and mix well.
8. Add in the asparagus tips, tomatoes, basil and chives and gently stir.
9. Pour quiche mixture into each crust-filled mini quiche pan.
10. Bake on 375 for 25-28 minutes. Keep a close eye on your quiche and make sure to check
after 20 min.
For the Pancake Lovers...
Gluten-Free Pancake Cake with a Key Lime, Orange, and Maple Syrup Frosting
(4-Ingredient Pancakes, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, makes 18 pancakes)
6 organic eggs
3 tsp vanilla
3 tsp cinnamon
1. Blend banana, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon in blender until creamy pancake mix.
2. Grease pan with coconut oil.
3. On medium heat, make your largest pancakes first for the bottom tier.
4. Next, make your medium-sized pancakes for the middle tier.
5. Lastly, make your small-sized pancakes for the top tier.
Key Lime, Orange & Maple Syrup Frosting
2 cups unsweetened organic Greek yogurt
3 key limes
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Add Greek yogurt to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. Juice orange to make ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice and add to yogurt.
3. Juice your key limes and add to yogurt.
4. Mix in the maple syrup.
5. Whisk well to thicken it a bit.
6. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight in fridge.
7. Next comes the fun part, frosting your cake! Starting with the bottom tier, frost the top of
each pancake and continue stacking and frosting until each pancake is covered with the
frosting up to the top tier.
You might also love...
Photography: Dyan Kethley Photography | Event Planning: Silver Lining Events + Co. | Event Design:Silver Lining Events + Co. | Food and Nutrition: Kara Stout | Floral Design: Blue and Tan Events | Paper Products: Pink Champagne Paper | Calligraphy: Pink Champagne Paper | Furniture and Decor Rentals:Propmaker Event Rentals | Make-up: Rayven Walker | Hair: Wedfully Yours | Plate and Tea Cup Rentals: Pretty Little Plates | Jewelry and Accessories: Accessory Jane | Film Developing and Scanning:Photovision | Location: The Farm by Propmaker in Anna, TX