We are gearing up for the feast of all feasts this week so why not start the Thanksgiving festivities off with this delicious spread? Pumpkins are the epitome of Fall and for this beer tasting from Kruse & Vieira Events + Anna Reynal, it's front and center in some insanely delicious recipes. Starting off with a pumpkin beer sampling and topped with pumpkin humus and a delicious cocktail too; this is the perfect pre-game to your thursday indulgences. Grab all the recipes below!
We are total fall lovers over here.... and as soon as pumpkin beer hits the shelves we love to try as many types as we can before the season is over -- so this year we decided to throw an impromptu pumpkin beer tasting in our studio.
The perfect way to kick off your Thanksgiving week especially when you serve our pumpkin hummus + peppitas. For an extra treat -- try our Pumpkin Sting - a fun spin on the classic cider and lager combo!
PUMPKIN HUMMUS & PITA CHIPS
1 8 ounce can pureed pumpkin (you can roast your own too, it just is more time consuming)
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced finely
2 tablespoons Tahini paste
1 lemon, juiced (approximately 2 tablespoons)
splash of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a food processor, mince the garlic.
2. Slowly add the pumpkin, Tahini paste, lemon juice, olive oil, and cumin and mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil and toasted pepitas on top.
4. To make pita chips, split pita bread in half and cut into desired shapes. Brush halves with olive oil. Sprinkle, salt, pepper or other desirable spices on top.
5. Place under broiler for approximately 30 seconds to 2 minutes depending on the strength of your broiler. Really keep a close eye on these as they can burn in seconds.
Pumpkin beer of your choice
In a chilled pint glass pour 50/50 ratio of beer and cider.