Caitlin Kruse is not only half the stylist duo behind Kruse & Vieira Events and the editorial director for the Glitter Guide but she's also one of the most stylish mamas-to-be and this shower is the living proof. With a nod to honeybees and florals, she crafted a day to celebrate her sweet baby on the way. Some of the details include a floral favor bar, blocks for guests to hand-paint and a gorgeous sangria bar just to name a few. For even more captured by Krista A. Jones, be sure to check out the Glitter Guide today!
A Few of Caitlin's Favorite Details
- Guests painted baby blocks for our little girl
- There was a flower market which guests created bouquets to take home as a favor
- There was a sangria station with Berry Rose Sangria & Honey Orange Sangria
- The guestbook was an idea I saw on Martha Stewart -- each guest had a card on their seat which was printed with the same custom watercolor from the invite and they wrote a message for mama & baby on it and put it in an album we started for our daughter with envelopes so she can read them one day
- Guests enjoyed quiches, kale caesar salad, mini avocado toasts, honey glazed bacon, fruit salad, cold brewed coffee, sangria and lavender lemonade.
- For sweets, Made In Heaven cakes created custom watercolor sugar cookies to replicate the invite design, honeycomb cookies were made by my other in law, there were donuts with edible flowers, lavender scones, a coconut cake and a honey nut bundt cake.
Of course I love florals and wanted to incorporate them into my shower somehow, my business partner and good friend Julie came up with the idea of having a honey bee and floral party and I love how it turned out! We tried to include little touches of honey and florals throughout -- from the Orange Honey Sangria to the floral bar favors guests got to take home!
My family made all of the food and hosted the shower on their back deck. Poppy and Scooter created a beautiful floral watercolor that we used on the invitation and became color story for the party -- we printed little cards with the florals to place at each seat and guests wrote a message for baby & mama that were inserted into a keepsake scrapbook used to document my pregnancy that my daughter will one day get to read. Made In Heaven Cakes used the same design to hand color sugar cookies that were so cute!
My favorite part was the floral favor bar! I ordered blooms and greens wholesale from Flower Muse in a variety of colors and textures and used a slew of different galvanized tubs and ceramic vessels to hold the flowers. We set up a station with twine, floral sheers, ribbon and brown paper to wrap up the flowers. Our guests seriously loved creating little bouquets to take home and the display was so pretty to look at during the party!
We had a table set up for guests to help paint a block collection for the baby with non-toxic paints and it was so fun to look back at everyone's designs! The sangria bar was also a hit -- Julie created recipes for Honey Orange Sangria & Berry Rose Sangria and we let guests top them off with our favorite Mumm bubbly -- leftover from our wedding!