One of the most important things in my life is being able to create a warm, inviting home where delicious food, fresh flowers and total comfort reigns Queen. And yet I work full time, have two babies, try to squeeze in daily workouts, spend time with the hubs... you get the drift. So having super easy, super fast staples on hand is key for me, I'm not above taking little shortcuts that feel special and homemade. Enter, cheesecake...three ways.
These are basically just a series of versatile toppings that you can keep in your fridge and use to dress up store bought chocolate cake, ice cream, pound cake or in this case... cheesecake. We bought ours frozen from wholefoods and thawed it in the fridge overnight. We also made all of our sauces ahead of time so when my inlaws & our neighbors dropped by, on separate days no less, I was ready!
2 cups of berries (we used strawberries & blueberries)
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons water
1. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
2. Continue to boil for 20 minutes until the mixture becomes thicker.
3. Let cool for 30 minutes.
4. Transfer to a blender and pulse 1-2 times to slightly puree the syrup while still maintaining a few berry bits.
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1. Stir brown sugar and whipping cream over medium heat until sugar disolves.
2. Bring to a gentle boil for about 5-10 minutes until the sauce reduces to approximately 1 cup.
3. Remove from heat and stir in sweetened condensed milk.
4. Let cool for 30 minutes or so.
5. Pour over your dessert of choice and enjoy!
Styling & Photography: Style Me Pretty Living