Whenever I'm prompted with the "stranded on a dessert island" question my response is always, without question, "lip balm". I'm legitimately convinced that my lips no longer know how to moisturize themselves since I rely so heavily on the stuff. So I'm pretty excited about the notion of making it for myself in my own kitchen for, well, pennies. And how cute would these be as little for-no-reason-at-all gifts for a few of your closest girlfriends? Grab the full how-to right here:
4 Tbs Coconut Oil
3 Tbs Petroleum Jelly (update: we've had people recommend shea butter as an alternative!)
1 Tbs Beeswax, shaved
A Squirt of kool-aid (we used the liquid variety but the powder works perfectly as well!)
A Small container (we re-purposed some empty Burt's Bees containers)
1. Mix first three ingredients in a microwave save bowl.
2. After blended, heat for 1 minute. If you're doing different colors, separate your mixture into different bowls.
3. Mix in the kool-aid until desired colour is reached.
4. Pour mixture into your containers and pop it into the fridge for an hour or two.
5. Paint the lid of each container to match the colour found within it.
6. Voila! Homemade Lip Balm.
Styling & Photography: Style Me Pretty Living