For the Frozen Cranberry Skewers
1 cup cranberries, chopped in half
4 kabob sticks
For the Rimming Sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 slice orange
For the Spritzer
1 bottle of ONEHOPE Pinot Noir
1 bottle of ONEHOPE Sparkling Brut
1/3 cup sugar
3 cinnamon sticks (and 1 extra per serving for garnish)
1 cup chopped cranberries
1. In a small pot combine the wine, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cranberries. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until wine has reduced slightly (if your wine reduces quickly turn down the heat or remove from heat entirely). Allow wine to cool and then remove cranberry pieces. Chill mixture in the refrigerator.
2. In the meantime, skewer whole cranberries onto a small wooden stick. Rinse skewer with water and sprinkle generously with sugar. Freeze skewers for an hour (or overnight).
3. For the rimming sugar, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until pureed.
4. When you are ready to serve, moisten the rim of your glass with an orange slice and dip it into the rimming sugar. Fill with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the reduced wine mixture and top with ONEHOPE Sparkling Brut. Garnish with a cranberry skewer for an added touch.
WINTERGREEN SPARKLING COCKTAIL (pictured in gallery)
For the Mint Simple Syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 stems fresh mint (~10-12 fresh mint leaves total)
For the Mint Sugar Garnish
1/4 cup sugar
2 mint leaves
1 slice lemon
For the Cocktail
1 1/2 tablespoons mint simple syrup
1 tablespoon chilled clear crème de menthe
ONEHOPE Sparkling Brut Wine - chilled
Mint sugar rimming
Mint leaf for garnish
1. To make mint simple syrup place the sugar, water and mint in a small pot and bring it to a boil, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool to room temperature. Strain the mint leaves from the syrup.
2. While the syrup is cooling, make the mint rimming sugar by combining the sugar, fresh mint and lemon slice in a food processor. Blend until pureed into a mint-green sugar.
3. Using a lemon slice, moisten the champagne flute rims and dip the wet rims into the mint sugar until covered.
4. Carefully pour 1 1/2 tablespoons mint simple syrup and 1 tablespoon crème de menthe into each champagne flute. Top with ONEHOPE Sparkling wine. Be careful not to pour too quickly as the fizz will ruin the pretty sugared rim. Float a mint leaf in each glass to finish.