TEN REASONS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER ELOPING
1. Cost. Because duh. We've seen elopements like this one where the cost is minimal and we've seen those that are intensely elaborate. Regardless, you 100% will save money eloping. But, this is true for simply trimming your guest list too. Those tiny weddings that we feature are very similar to eloping - you can spoil yourselves and your crew a little more if there are only a handful of you!
2. Stress. Wedding planning is not for the faint of heart. It's tough and can be incredibly stressful. If you're finding that the anxiety of planning is taking away from the love you share, from your relationship or that it's damaging your friendships, your heart, your job, your anything...you should definitely consider eloping.
3. Time. If you're short on time for one reason or another, eloping is usually the easiest option. You can always host a big party on the other side when all is said and done!
4. Guest List. If yours is just too big and you can't seem to make it work, consider eloping.
5. The Just-The-Two-of You-Ness. Regardless of how in the moment you may be at your wedding, it's hard to block out the noise and just focus on your soon-to-be. It's actually impossible, really. Because there are other people in your life that love you and care about you and want to celebrate WITH you so it's a quick kiss and hug away from total distraction.
6. Privacy. In today's day in age where it's very hard to control the social media tendencies of our friends and family, it's pretty hard to be a private person and get married at the same time. Photos get leaked, facebook posts get posted, instagram stories are uploaded. If that gives you the heebie geebies, you should consider eloping.
8. No Limits. Truly. When you elope, you can basically get married anywhere. On a cliff, in a canoe, in a park, on a beach, anywhere. There are ZERO limits. And the limitlessness of the venue also means that you have limitless options with what you wear, how long your vows are, where you take your photos, how late you party or how early you go to bed! And that is pretty incredible.
9. The Spotlight. If being the center of attention makes your stomach go flip, consider eloping. I didn't love the all eyes on me thing as I was walking down the aisle either!
4. Honeymoon. If you plan a destination elopement, it's basically the beginning of a long honeymoon! You can piggyback your trip onto your ceremony and let the fun begin right away. Plus, it saves money on that flight out!
10. BECAUSE YOU WANT TO, DAMMIT! The end.