I’ll be honest, I was never a huge fan of winter weddings, they seemed chilly and full of Christmas cliches, but how I was wrong! They are some of the most intimate, romantic, cozy celebrations I’ve ever seen in my time with SMP and they bring a sense of love and light that’s extra special for the season. Snow and low temps call for creativity though and Royal Scout and Co. is here to share their ideas for adding that special seasonal style to your winter wedding!
● Hearken back to winter knits at the turn of the century with warm fair isle wrist warmers – keep them classic white and with a slim fit for today’s modern bride; you could even slip on delicate knit leggings for under-the-dress warmth and style!
● Fashion jewelry today tends to keep a minimal profile so try some whimsical winter pendants such as a simple Swarovski crystal snowflake comb, sash or necklace – the perfect hint of snow on your big day.
● If there’s ever a time to pull these beauties on, this is it! Beautiful, tall, white suede boots with a stiletto (or pump style) heel will carry you down the aisle in high winter fashion; be sure to have your photographer take a shot of your pulling them on!
● Classic fur stoles have been refreshed for today’s bride with this Royal Scout and Co. velvet-lined faux fur wrap for the entrance of your dreams; keep warm and absolutely stunning draped in soft folds of fur that will look AH-mazing against your winter dress and with the natural seasonal elements around you.
● Keep the quintessential winter lodge style prominent by pairing your full or mermaid-style skirt with a classic flannel button-down. Keep it from leaning “lumberjack” by tucking or tying the ends and be sure to find a “fitted” style for the most attractively waist-cinching silhouette.
● Use the white and natural elements of snow and wood to your advantage – do your best to get natural sunlight and outdoor photography – especially for your white gown against open snowy spaces for an “endless dress” effect that will prove stunning in your pictures!
● Bundles of evergreens and red will pop in place of traditional full flower bouquets – and a “snow” dusted bridal pine cone bouquet would be the wintry detail guests will always remember!
● We love to see all-white winter weddings, from white velvet and lace gowns for bridesmaids, white bouquets, white linens and table-runners, to white ties and vests for the men… Break up all that white with some minimal grey detailing in place settings or table decor, and also with lots of greenery in vases and jars for a beautiful backdrop to all that sparkly white.
● Center the most beautiful winter reception details around a long main table (or tables) overloaded with pillar candles of varying sizes and shapes. The warmth and light from the table-length candle centerpieces will bring the coziest feeling to your wedding – and of course, make it an evening affair to remember!
● Wood (either stacked high or as chargers, backdrops, or as a eye-catching centerpiece or bonfire), antlers, wool plaids (as chair covers, on benches for seating, table runners or cloths, or as bunting, aisle runners, etc.), and red touches (holly, sugar dusted berries in your centerpieces or as cake decoration, roses in bouquets) will transform your wedding into the mountain-lodge wedding of your dreams. All the better if it’s snowing outside!
ONGOING GIVEAWAYS + DISCOUNTS…
We’re excited to share that Shine invitations is currently offering FREE SHIPPING on orders over $500 (US orders only) as well as a free sample kit featuring the invitation of your choice, color charts, paper samples, and an example Save the Date! Don’t miss out!
THIS WEEK’S DISCOUNTS…
For our California Brides… Discount from The Ranch at Laguna Beach
For our Southeast Brides… Discount from The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
Don’t miss the Anna Campbell trunk shows at the following Lovely locations: Charleston Dec. 16th – 18th!
Don’t miss the Rue De Seine trunk shows at the following Lovely locations: San Francisco Dec. 16th – 18th | Washington DC Jan. 6th – 8th | Charleston Jan. 13th – 15th!
Congratulations to our Tulle la la winner Elizabeth!
Style Advice: Royal Scout and Co