Each and every inch of this Maui wedding is absolutely stunning. Stunning in that understated, natural, totally gorgeous type of way that seriously takes your breath away. This is the type of wedding that makes you feel fancy and fun all at once, just for being on the guest list. The lush flowers, the cozy firepits, the incredible view all add up to one spectacular day. Christie Pham Photography was on hand to capture all the pretty details like the beyond amazing invites by Bradley & Lily Fine Stationery. Click here for even more!
And a breathtaking film from 10th Letter Media to sweeten your day...
From Bradley & Lily Fine Stationery... While Jamie and Guy are residents of Oahu, it’s upcountry Maui that holds very special place in their hearts. When it came to finding a location for the wedding, they knew that Guy’s parent's home in Kula would be the perfect spot. With views of the Maui countryside and pristine Pacific Ocean, it was an idyllic setting for their vows and also happened to be where they were engaged. Taking inspiration from the location, Jamie defined her wedding style as upcountry elegance. To set the stage, she commissioned an illustration of the vine-covered arch that would welcome the guests to the ceremony and would also serve as a symbol of their new life together. The illustration was letterpressed onto a wood veneer band and being wrapped around their crisp, navy and cream suite of letterpress wedding stationery. At the wedding, the mix of exposed rustic wood tables, lace runners and burlap combined with elegant and lush florals to create a graceful and welcoming balance. Guests were guided into the reception along a log path which revealed the setting and a spectacular view overlooking the Maui countryside and ocean beyond.
A few highlights:
- Photos of the couple throughout their courtship were displayed at the entrance.
- The gorgeous bride danced hula for her new husband.
- A malasada station (a Portuguese doughnut coated in sugar) was a hit with the guests.
- Coffee was served in to-go cups with personalized coffee stirrers and sleeves bearing the arch motif.
- The couple presented leis to their parents during the ceremony honoring their significance in their lives.
- Fire pits kept guests warm in the chilly Kula night.
- Because it was on a neighbor island, their wedding was a destination of sorts. Their save-the-date was a custom cut suitcase, complete with miniature luggage tag and fold-out map of Maui.
Wedding Photography: Christie Pham Photography / Wedding Coordination: Nichole Weddings and Events / Floral Design: Dellables / Wedding Cinematography: 10th Letter Media / Wedding Stationery + Illustration: Bradley & Lily Fine Stationery / Officiant: David Turner / Catering: Maui Executive Catering / Wedding Cake: Cakes by JoAnn / Bar: Garnish Craft Cocktail Catering / Events / Wood Table + Bench Rentals: Pacific Event Group, Inc. / Rentals: Island Rents / Ceremony Entertainment: Heavenly Harps of Hawaii / Cocktail Entertainment: Kahulu Productions / DJ: Keith Medina / Sound: Maui Tunes Entertainment & Productions / Wedding Dress: Monique Lhuillier / Shoes: Valentino / Hair: Dan Sanchez / Makeup: Jessica Waite / Venue: Private Residence