We have a very special treat for you today! A super yummy and scrumptious treat! To our delight, Wolfgang Puck Catering - as in the world-famous, celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck - has shared their advice and tips for putting together the perfect wedding meal. I especially love the idea of having an Hors d’Oeuvres and dessert only reception to leave more time for celebrating! I hope you had your fill at lunch because, along with their savvy insider information, we have a full gallery of delectable and savory goodies right from their kitchen!
There are so many details for a couple to consider when creating their dream wedding; from flowers, to dresses, linens, to flavors. Planning your wedding should be an enjoyable and exciting process. This should be an opportunity for you as a couple to show your uniqueness.
Every bride planning her wedding has cost considerations. The Wolfgang Puck Catering team has a variety of creative ways to manage the budget and still create a delicious celebration for your guests. When it comes to weddings, celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck believes, “heart and love inspire everything I do – these are the ingredients that make creating weddings our simplest pleasure.” Just remember, the focus is on planning a celebration of your love, not whether you have the most luxurious linens or a caviar station.
Here are a few tips from our experts to design your wedding menu and to control your costs while still creating the wedding atmosphere of your dreams:
1. Think about your “must haves” to support your culinary style; seated or buffet, what cultural traditions would you like to incorporate?
2. Don’t forget to include the foods & flavors you both love and try to think seasonal! They are the freshest, most flavorful, and typically the least expensive items to include on your menu.
3. Serve al fresco dishes. If you are holding a summer wedding or having your wedding somewhere warm, enjoy a picnic style celebration. Fresh, cool foods are a fun way to celebrate the season and your wedding while cutting down on rental costs.
4. If you aren’t set on an evening wedding, host a brunch followed by a late morning ceremony.
5 .If you are set on an evening reception, follow it with tray passed Hors d’Oeuvres, champagne, and desserts.
6. Skip serving the entrée. Hors d’Oeuvre and Dessert Stations can fill people up just as much and provide more creative flavor and variety. Although this is unconventional, it will allow more time for socializing and celebrating together.
7. Try comfort foods. Serving tasty treats such as Mini Prime Beef Cheeseburgers or Macaroni and Cheese bites are sure to satisfy your guests as well as your wallet.
8. Pass on a full bar and treat your guests to champagne and signature wedding cocktails. One that we love is from Wolfgang Puck’s Signature restaurant Spago’s incredible pastry chef, Sherry Yard. For her decadent Malibu wedding, guests were given the the Sherry Blossom, mixed with tequila, Citronage Liquer, lime juice, Fresh Maraschino Juice, and garnished with a rose petal.
9. Play with subtle aromas. Incorporating the sense of smell into your wedding celebration is an instant stimulant which creates a welcoming atmosphere to our event space. Try sitting your candles in fresh coffee beans or accenting your napkins rings with rosemary.
10. Incorporate edibles into your centerpieces. Try using seasonal fruits or vegetables in vases as they add great color and tend to cut the cost of flowers.
You don’t have to sacrifice quality in order to keep your expenses reasonable. At Wolfgang Puck Catering, every event offers a restaurant-quality experience. Our welcoming hospitality, seasonal cuisine, and innovative presentation will wow your wedding guests. A delicious meal is an opportunity to thank your guests for making the effort to share in your special day.
Catering: Wolfgang Puck Catering