We have the sweetest DIY project for you this morning but before we jump in, I wanted to let everyone know that I am guest blogging over on Piperlime all about the perfect wedding day outfits...for your guests! Definitely stop by for a visit. Lots of cuteness happening over there.
OK. These are SO cute, you just might die. So freaking adorable and PUUUR-fect for a sweet backyard wedding. Hang the little medallions on a tree for a pop of color, on the back of your guests chairs for a cute little surprise, on your favor bags, on your place settings, on your guest book...I could go on and on. Even on your CAKE people. How great would THAT be. So stinking cute, I can hardly stand it! Designed and crafted by the cutest girls ever, the owners of the fabulous Posh Paperie, and photographed by the hugely talented Ms. Jackie Wonders...this is the sweetest way to start our day.
Here's what you need to get started...
DIY Project Materials:
various colors and bolts of ribbons
circle die-cut punches (use circle punch - preferably 2.5 - 3 inch in diameter - to punch cardstock circles)
And here's how you make these little gems...
DIY Project Instructions
1. buy various colors of ribbons to mix and match within the medallion ribbons
2. take circle punch and cover with adhesive
3. "ruffle" ribbon alongside the edges of the circle.. to create a border
4. pick a contrasting color and repeat step 3 in a smaller diameter
5. adhere vintage button to the center of the ruffled ribbons
6. put adhesive on the back, and cut the lengths of the "tails" to desired length
7. create again in various colors and lengths to create a variety of ribbon medallions
Thank you so very much to the girls at Posh Paperie for this super-cute DIY ribbon project. If you aren't already familiar with the brand...um, bookmark them. We have the world's cutest DIY's from them here on SMP (click here for fabric rosettes and here for the cutest pinwheels ever) but they also design and craft the most beautiful wedding invitations and paper accoutrements you've ever seen. And Jackie Wonders...photography that will make smile, that will make you cry, that truly brings every wedding to life. She's a total dream.