I had to take a few deep breaths when I first laid eyes on this absolutely stunning photo shoot. It's Style Me Pretty meets the South - and my heart. Hello heart, let me introduce you to this sweet southern inspiration fest. I feel like this shoot walked up to me and literally started pulling at my heart strings. Everything, just everything makes me giddy. So y'all go grab some sweet tea, settle in and prep your heart for an ultimate southern love fest... xoxo - (the other) Abby from Life in the Super Burbs.
I'll let the team behind the magic break it down for you while my heart strings are recovering....
This team of Dallas Wedding Professionals wanted to create a shoot specifically for Style Me Pretty to showcase our vintage, romantic flair of the south. Aka, “Style Me Pretty Meets The South!” On April 27, 2010 we all came together to make this happen!
A couple of details we wove throughout the shoot include:
1. Brooches – you’ll notice sweet, vintage brooches not only in the girls’ hair, but also in the bride’s bouquet, on top of the punch bowl, on the menu pockets, on the escort card stand, garnishing the favors, and even used as a cake topper. These brooches were all hand-made by Jennifer Claire of Memento Designs.
2. Vintage paraphernalia – special touches such as old binoculars, an old radio, old suitcases, and a distressed frame that adorns the front of the ceremony site – all add to the charm of the south.
3. Silhouettes – printed on doilies and programs provide a sweet, personal touch
4. Fabrics – southern, shabby-chic fabric used for our “Tears of Joy” which were our favors; the table linen was custom-made by our team – burlap overlay with a soft, champagne gold, billowy ruffle
5. No wedding would be complete without the deep southern personalities of the 2 sweet little girls and 1 little boy who tell their own story through these images.
Photography of the Couple and Detail Shots: Hansel Dobbs / Photography of the Flower Girls and Ring Bearer: Elle Parks Photography / Wedding Planner: Kelly Simants /Bride and Groom Models – Jennifer and Ty (Jennifer is also the owner of Memento Designs)/Paper Goods and Accessories (Brooches, Doilies, Menus, Table Numbers, etc.): Memento Designs – Jennifer Claire/ Venue: Megan Chumlea - The Aldredge House / Catering: Food Glorious Food / Florist and Designer: Branching Out Events / Lighting: Cocktails and Cavier /China, Glassware, and Silverwar: Posh Couture Rentals / Cake: Kristen Massad: Tart Bakery Dallas