A couple of weeks ago (hiding my embarrassment for just now getting to this), I was tagged by Rhonda at Our Wedding Plus. In a nutshell, players list 8 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, players then tag 8 other bloggers by posting their names and making sure they know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at the tagee’s blog.
So, here goes!
1. I love magazines. No, not just love. Hoard. I have every back issue of Martha Stewart Weddings and Domino (and am quickly acquiring Blueprint) known to man. When I moved from San Francisco to Boston, I sold all of my furniture and most of my knickknacks, but kept my magazines. I actually think that half the moving cost was chalked up to these little gems.
2. For being a perfectionist, I am the world's worst speller. I once sent out an invitation for my own engagement party to a bunch of people in Massachusetts and misspelled the word Massachusetts. And yet, if the batch of cookies that I just made aren't absolutely perfect, I usually sneak them into the trash before my husband sees.
3. I love show tunes. My parents have been taking me to musicals since I was a little girl, so Andrew Loyd Webber is one of my all time favorite CDs. Sad, but true.
4. I have terrible eating habits. Although I would like to say that I am all about the health food (which I am about 80% of the time), I can't resist that delicious, rot your teeth candy...sweet tarts, sour patch kids, you get the drift.
5. Everything that I have learned in design is self taught. I actually got my degree from Vanderbilt in Communications.
6. For about six months, after college, I wanted to be an actress. Yep, I entertained the thought of moving to LA and giving it my best go. As you can see, that thought was fleeting.
7. And yet, I don't think that I ever really let go it. I actually tried out and made to the finals of a reality TV show (back when they were all the rage) called Domestic Diva. I was 24 and clueless, but it sounded like a fun plan. When the show actually aired (with it's new name, Wickedly Perfect) and I saw the competition, I realized that someone up above was looking out for me. I wouldn't have made it past the first episode.
8. At the end of the day, I am forever thankful for this crazy, blessed life that I have been given. And...I wouldn't change a thing.
These are the bloggers that I am tagging...Jennifer at the Hostess Blog, Christy at Junebug Weddings, Sarah at Toast and Tables, Priya at Love Made Visible, Gabrielle at Design Mom, Michelle at Michelle Caplan/Creative Swoon, and I am going to think of the final 2 over the weekend. Lame, I know, but I am running out the door to a wedding! Seriously!