You can help but smile when you look at this wedding. Don’t believe me? Take a little peek at this gallery. See what I mean? It’s fun, colorful and overflowing with love, which just so happens to be the perfect recipe for the formation of a goofy grin. Best part? There is even more from Two Spoons Photography waiting for you here.
From Two Spoons Photography…Alex and Scott met the old-fashioned way: through a touch of serendipity and some fabulous coffee. As strangers at an Alexandria coffee shop, Scott asked Alex if he could share her patio table where she was enjoying a beverage, a book, and a patch of sun. She agreed, and in a moment fit for a rom com, a romance was sparked! Two years later they were married at Mountfair Vinyards outside Charlottesville, Virginia, in a classic (yet relaxed) outdoor wedding full of punchy color pops and quirky details.
Favorite things about the day:
- All-hot-pink (but different styled) bridemaids dresses plus two “bridesfellas” with hot pink bowties
– The bride wore a strapless Watters gown _with pockets_ of which she was immensely proud; and before the ceremony started she fearlessly traipsed back into the woods for a couple shots in said gown
– Custom suits for the groomsmen designed by friends of the couple with (gasp!) hot pink details
– Amazing floral-adorned (non-religious) huppah
– Wedding rings that were engraved with secret messages that the bride and groom selected for each other and didn’t get to read until after the ceremony
– Mini-cupcakes (normal sized are so 2010…just kidding)
– Mr.-and-Mrs. piñatas (dragon and unicorn)
– Goofball family tradition hats during dinner
– Thrown lavender during the exit
Photography: Two Spoons Photography | Event Planning: Beverly Wakefield / A Grand Affair Events | Wedding Dress: Watters | Cupcakes: Sweethaus | Groom's Attire: Start Suits | Wedding Venue: Mountfair Vinyards | Dinner: Hank's Smokehouse | Veil: Mignonne Handmade | Wine: Mountfair Vineyards