For a bride with a passion for the forest, a woodsy style wedding was a total no-brainer. Along with her fiance and family, she DIYed the details big and small, and Jamie Zanotti Photography captured each and every bit. Click here for the full gallery of wedding goodness.
From the Bride… I have always loved the combination of woodsy and high glamour. My true passion is in the forest! With the woodsy smells, mossy feel, moist clean air, and vivid green foliage… With being a hair stylist and working with brides myself, I knew I really wanted something personal and special to me. I wanted to share my passion for the woods with my guests. I would not have guessed it would have turned out so perfect and seamless.
We did almost everything from scratch, from excavating and terracing our 3rd generation family mountain property just inland of Bandon, Oregon, to building homemade arbors, to hand crafting and welding a bonfire pit with s’mores, and more. We were surrounded by willow trees, and tons and tons of strung lights, and we were even joined by my Arabian mare, Bella.
Our wedding was a testament to shared artistry and hard work–lots of it! It was very intimate, personal, emotional, and tons of fun!! My man of honor was my twin brother which was also very special to me. It was truly an incredible, magical, and enchanted evening that I will never forget.
– Woodland tree arbor: crafted from old fallen trees, jute twine, ferns, and mossy branches all wrapped together with floral wire and four off white sheer curtain panels stapled onto back
– Ceremony back drop: curly willow tree adorned with a garland made of torn sheets, peach lace, burlap, and paper flower garlands
– Dancefloor: made of pallets and plywood, with a few coats of brown paint plus an inexpensive gazebo without the material covering and string lights bolted to the dance floor
– Dining area: 300′ bulb lights used with self cut pole trees and twine to create a star pattern dining area
– Flower pedestals: stumps cut from fallen logs on property
– Floral arrangements: handmade by friends and family, tucked into old mason jars
Photography: Jamie Zanotti Photography | Floral Design: The Flower Market | Wedding Dress: Bella Brides | Cake: Cakes With Jaz | Reception Venue: Private Residence | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Bella Brides Bend | Catering: Elk Horn BBQ | DJ: Matt's Entertainment | Groom's Attire: J Crew | Groomsmen's Attire: Banana Republic | Officiant: Alison Wasson | Wedding Venue: Private Residence | Bride's And Groom's Rings: Pave | Bride's Ballet Flats: Etsy | Bride's Jewelry: Macy's | Flower Girls' Dresses: Dollcake | Hair And Make-up: EOS Organics Salon | Photography - Assistance: Kristen Ohran | Rentals: Big Tent Rents And Events