Add a dash of Alice in Wonderland inspired goodness to any event and, mark my words, you’re in for some serious pretty. But combine those gorgeous details with a fabulous team of vendors like Mint 102, Fiore Fine Flowers and Social Butterfly Events and that event becomes so much more than pretty… it’s downright amazing. See every last ounce of awesome captured by Theo Milo in the full gallery.
And a beautiful film from Green Hope Productions…
From Social Butterfly Events… The exciting element of Courtyards and Cobblestones is that I am able to tap into my own imagination and design an entire room based on my loves. I started with my love for “Alice in Wonderland” but I didn’t want it to be so literal. I described the entire design as taking multiple eclectic elements and making them work cohesively together in one space. I wanted the attendees to walk into the space and be surprised with all of the elements that were used together, yet love it for the final product all working so well together.
Some inspiration pieces that I incorporated were:
– Gold owls, I just find them to be adorable so we used them as accent pieces on tables, on the back of the invitation suite and of course as cake toppers.
– I used a lot of different textured fabrics to showcase how they could all work together. We had faux burlap linen mixed with a sequin table runner. We used gold brickhouse for chair covers that provided movement for the ceremony chairs. I chose a table linen called tulle amazing flowers which was delicate and feminine and paired it with a ghost chair. The feminine feel with the modern chair was a perfect fit!
– I love the texture and look of moss in table centerpieces. I covered floral containers with moss to have another element of texture on the tables as well as incorporating moss covered balls in various sizes. I also had a structure made and covered it with moss to suspend birdcages from it as well. I wanted to have floral centerpieces as well as another décor element that wasn’t floral inspired.
– The backdrop for the ceremony was a way to provide a personalized touch to the space but it was dramatic enough to stand on its own without large floral components. I worked with Melissa from The Pretty Paperie who ran with my inspiration and make it a reality.
– The flowers needed to be rich in color but have a hand-picked loose arrangement feel. The deep colors reminded of “Alice in Wonderland “and the specific flowers that Fiore chose worked so well to make such a gorgeous bouquet and table arrangement.
-Lighting was going to be a huge element for the show so I wanted to make sure we had something custom made that fit the whimsical feel we were going for. Each paper lantern had around 300 cupcake liners attached to it. When we hung these in the space they provided a soft glow that complimented the candle elements on the table.
Bringing all of these elements together along with a gorgeous dress, a well-dressed man and all the little details made for a gorgeous day and a breathtaking photo shoot.
Photography: Theo Milo Photography | Videography: Green Hope Productions | Design: Social Butterfly Events | Flowers: Fiore Fine Flowers | Wedding Dress: Fountain Bridal | Catering: The Balcony On Dock | Lighting: High Performance Lighting | Tux: Mens Wearhouse | Transportation: The British Taxi | Venue: The Balcony On Dock | Chair Rentals: Eventful Furniture | Hair And Make-Up: Bangz Salon-Ken And Monica | Lounge Furniture: Pomp | Paper Products: Mint 102 | Rentals: CE Rental | Rentals: Party Supplier And Rentals | Vendor: The Bride's Aunt & Grandmother