One thing I struggle with every winter is getting stuck in the same old beauty routine. Sound familiar? Not this year, my friends. It’s time to layer on the metallics, dark berry lips and wow-factor lashes to boot. We’ve teamed up with Tarte Cosmetics and Jennie Kay Beauty to break down four of the season’s hottest beauty trends that’ll take you from the ski slopes to fireside cocktails in sparkling style. Grab the tutorials below!
The best part about layering on these long-wearing looks for the holiday season? Our Tarte makeup bag is filled with essentials that are cruelty-free, life-tested products chock full of healthy ingredients (bye bye parabens, mineral oil, and phthalates!)—giving you the confidence that you’re not further damaging your skin during one of the harshest seasons. Why choose between beauty that works and beauty that’s healthy? It’s time to #RethinkNatural!
How To Prep Your Skin
1. Start by prepping your skin with a few drops of Maracuja Oil. This vegan oil will help give you that radiant glow (without that greasy feel!).
2. To refresh the eyes, use the Maracuja C-brighter™ Eye Treatment, which is packed with maracuja fruit, vitamin C and advanced botanicals to firm and brighten.
3. To keep makeup in place all day long, layer on Timeless Smoothing Primer.
Natural Ski Slope Glow
Say hello to the perfect snow bunny look. Not too undone or overdone, this look will have you heading down the mountain with a sweet glow.
1. We started with a tiny bit of Double Duty Beauty Hybrid Gel Foundation to smooth out the skin. Our secret for a more natural look? (You don’t want to look too overdone on the slopes!) This amazing Double-Ended Camouflage Brush. Apply the foundation with the brush end and blend in or erase with the sponge end. The curved head glides smoothly and leaves you streak free.
2. Dark circles from those après-ski cocktails the night before? Make sure to apply a bit of Aquacealer Concealer under your eyes.
3. For a pinch-the-cheeks-perfect rosy hue, we used ‘Blushing Bride’ Cheek Stain before applying our highlighter.
4. Using the Double-Ended Highlighter Brush and Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Highlighter in ‘Exposed’ we highlighted down the bridge of the nose, cupids bow, brow bones and upper cheekbone for a truly glowing look.
Metallic Liner + Copper Shadow
Don’t want to go heavy on shadow but still want a bit of seasonal sparkle? This is such a fun and natural look!
1. First, apply Tarteist™ Metallic Shadow in ‘Scandal’ with the Double-Ended Shadow Brush tight to the lash line with the black end of the brush and then blend out with the white end. For a more dramatic look, use the tighter bristled side and for a softer look use the looser bristled side. Then, use the highlighter to blend the shadow onto the lid to create a softer look.
2. To add a bit of drama, tightline with The Eye Architect™ Liner & Shadow in ‘Brown/Champagne’. Slightly smug the brown on the lower lid, then use the champagne shadow in the inner corner.
3. Apply Double Duty Palette Highlighter on the cheek bone, then apply exposed blush on the apples of the cheeks using the Double-Ended Highlighter Brush.
4. Curl lashes and apply light coat of mascara.
Dark Berry Lips
Turn up the winter drama with a dark berry lip—perfect for cocktail parties, date night and everything in between.
1. For this look, we kept the same metallic and copper liner look above, but added a bit more blush and drama to the eyes using Tarteist™ Metallic Shadow in ‘Scandal’ and Curl Boss on the lashes.
2. Transform your metallics look with Tarteist™ Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint. We tried two hues: ‘Acid Wash’ and ‘Friyay’, both fun hues for a berry wintry look.
For all the winter romance vibes, turn up the volume with these Twiggy-inspired doll like lashes.
1. For this dreamy, Twiggy-inspired look, we started by applying Hybrid Gel Foundation and Aquacealer Concealer using the Double-Ended Camouflage Brush.
2. We then layered on Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in ‘Seduce’ and Highlighter in ‘Exposed’. Followed by Cheek Stain in ‘Exposed’ on the lips.
3. For the eyes, we created a base with Blackened Plum Clay Pot Waterproof Liner using the Etch & Sketch Double-Ended Bamboo Liner Brush.
4. Lastly, we applied our Tarteist™ PRO Cruelty-Free Lashes in ‘Girl Boss’ and layered on Curl Boss mascara.
|Share this gorgeous gallery on |
Photography: Erin McGinn | Hair and Makeup: Jennie Kay beauty | Blue Sequin Top: Free People | Cosmetics: Tarte | Faux Fur Scarf: Target | Red Velvet Top: Lucky Brand | Ski Goggles + Hat: REI