Coming from a girl who rarely wears more than a dash of coverup and a touch of lip gloss, I can certainly take all the help I can get in the beauty department because what works for a day at the computer or wrangling babies does not equal cute going out face. We’re leaving it to the experts, i.e. Ashley Sievert, a New Orleans based makeup artist who is spilling the beans on her go-to’s. See even more captured by Marissa Lambert right here.
From Marissa Lambert… I was absolutely thrilled when Ashley Sievert contacted me to photograph her and her amazing products! She is well known as one of the best makeup artist in New Orleans. This shoot was mostly for fun, but also to showcase her new tee that reads, “Natural Took Me All Morning.” I’m sure a lot of women can relate to that statement! All women are beautiful regardless of age or size, and Ahsley’s main desire is help each woman see their true beauty shine!
1. Ashley Sievert Beauty | I searched for the perfect foundation for years. They all turned me orange, did not give me the coverage I needed, and broke me out. I took matters into my own hands and Ashley Sievert Beauty was born! The line consists of a Mineral Velvet Crème- Full coverage, light weight, long lasting. Mineral Finishing Powder- Sets the Crème and leaves an “airbrushed” look and feel. Glow Under Eye Brightener- Highlights, Conceals and Brightens in one. The line is for all ages, skin types and tones!
2. Midnight Passion and Marshmallow | My 2 “go to” nail colors- Midnight Passion (h&m) is the perfect black/red- fall/winter shade.. Essie Marshmallow is my favorite neutral for spring/summer. (3 coats is best)
3. Conair Wand | I have used the Conair wand for years now! It gives me that effortless beach waves which I could never achieve with a curling iron.
4. The Wet Brush | I constantly have knots when I wash my hair and this brush is a life saver!! I also have extensions and it helps me comb through without them falling out.
5. Victoria’s Secret Self Tanner and L’oreal Self Tanning Mist | I love this self tanner for my body and have an instant tint of color and a “day at the beach” summer glow within 4-6 hours! As for my face, I use the L’Oreal spray to make sure the tan is even.
6. Dry Shampoo Suave | I have oily hair and this has been my favorite dry shampoo. It soaks up the oil and leaves my hair smelling fresh.
7. Almay Triple Effect Mascara | This mascara is amazing and I love it’s unique double sided brush. My lashes look thick and long with only 1-2 coats.
8. Juice ESP Blemish Cleanser | I have tried many skin care lines and this one is a favorite! I especially love the blemish cleanser which keeps me clear without drying out my skin.
9. Antiqued shadow MAC | I use this shadow on myself and clients all the time! This copper shade looks great on everyone.