They met at a wedding and their first five dates were at weddings, so these two? They were meant to say “I do.” And when they decided to tie the knot, they put their wedding know-how to the test and turned to One Fine Day Events to create a drop-dead gorgeous affair that is as colorful as it is rich in personal details. Fall in love with every moment captured by Mike Larson in THE VAULT, then press play on the sweet film from Reel Eyes Media below.
|Share this gorgeous gallery on |
From the Bride and Groom… John and I have been to A LOT of weddings. In fact, we met at a wedding and our first five dates were at weddings. When it came time for us to take the plunge, we knew we wanted our big day to be a one-of-a-kind reflection of us. Something classic, creative and personal.
I was eight years old when I told my mom I wanted to get married in Lake Tahoe. I grew up staying in those cabins, skiing on those slopes and playing on those beaches. It is truly my happy place. And since John and I hit it off at a wedding in Lake Tahoe, we knew it was the perfect place to share with our friends and family.
We can’t say enough about the people who made our day exactly what we wanted it to be. We enlisted the help of One Fine Day Events to find the perfect venue. We knew we were in good hands with Stephanie and the rest of the One Fine Day team. Living in San Francisco, they helped us find the best vendors in Lake Tahoe and always steered us in the right direction, while allowing us to call the shots. Our photographer, Mike Larson, and videographer, Darren Baca of Reel Eyes Media, became fast friends of ours. We are so grateful to have had them capture the best moments of our day.
In addition to our top-notch vendors, this was a family affair. My Dad, the owner of Michael Fischer Design, designed every printed piece for the wedding and every event leading up to it: engagement party invitations, save the date postcards, welcome letters, programs, personalized dinner menus and cocktail napkins. We kept him busy all. year. long.
Our hair and makeup was done by the The Makeup Dolls. Co-owners, Indiana, my sister-in-law, and Violet spent the morning dolling up myself and my bridesmaids. What a special morning it was for me to share with my closest friends, my mom and my sister-in-law.
We wanted our officiant to be someone who knew both of us, and our relationship well. Someone who would have our guests laughing and crying. My brother was the perfect person for the job. We knew he would do a fantastic job, and he delivered even more than we expected. During our ceremony he asked us to turn around and look at the extraordinary group of people we had assembled. It was one of my favorite moments of the day to look out at the encouraging, loving faces of our friends and family.
We chose a private estate on the west shore of the lake for our venue; the ceremony and reception were just steps from the water, making for the most beautiful backdrop (and a convenient late night swim for a couple of groomsmen!). We made sure to add personal touches that reflected us and celebrated our fabulous location:
– As a surprise to our wedding party, we arrived to the ceremony on the Wild Goose II charter boat.
– I walked down the aisle to “Here Comes the Bride” on the bagpipes to celebrate our Irish and Scottish heritage, thanks to Sean Cummings of Tahoe Bagpiper.
– Whenever our families are together, the conversation lands on baseball. My family members are die hard Giants fans and John’s family are loyal Cardinals fans. To celebrate our teams, our flower girl (my niece) carried her flowers down the aisle in a Giants hat. And our ring bearer, John’s nephew, carried our rings down the aisle in a Cardinals hat.
– We had guests sign vintage skis instead of a guest book.
– During our cocktail hour we had a beer tasting bar for my Dad, who is a craft beer fanatic, and a wine tasting bar for John’s Dad, who grows wine grapes in Missouri.
– John and I rarely get off the dance floor at any event, and our wedding was no different. Our DJ, Brian Hess, kept the dance floor packed all night.
Looking back on our wedding day, it was exactly how I had pictured it, but infinitely better. I was so touched to receive the compliment, “This wedding is so you guys.” several times that night and since. I am so incredibly grateful to have shared my favorite place with my favorite people, and my favorite husband.
Photography: Mike Larson | Cinematography: Reel Eyes Media | Event Planning + Design: One Fine Day | Floral Design: Jiosia Designs | Hair + Makeup: The Makeup Dolls - Airbrush Makeup and Hair Artistry | DJ: Brian Hess | Ceremony Music: Tahoe Bag Piper | Venue: Private Estate | Boat Rental: Wild Goose II | Catering + Desserts: D'Lish Catering | Linen Rentals: La Tavola Fine Linen Rental | Rentals: Celebrations Party Rentals