One of my favorite parts about my job here at SMP is getting to swoon over stunning photography day in and day out. And today? I’m totally smitten, because my screen has been graced with images from the amazing Paperwhites Photography. Combining both portraiture work and a candid documentary style, they’ve created a style that is organic, elegant and seemingly effortless.
Paperwhites Photography is made up of two amazingly talented ladies, Darcy Hemley + Trina Roberts, and the duo have been shooting weddings around the world since 2002. Utilizing a unique array of vintage and professional cameras, they are able to achieve an unparalleled warmth as well as range of tone + texture. Understanding their huge role in a couple’s big day, Darcy + Trina take the time to get to know their clients and gain their trust before capturing one of the most important days in their lives! And the result? Incredible, breathtaking photos that will last the test of time.
Ready to book Paperwhites Photography for your big day? Well, now’s the time, because they’re offering SMP readers $200 off any one of their packages!To redeem, simply mention this post when contacting Paperwhites Photography.
With summer right around the corner, it’s a great time to refresh your health and beauty routines. Lucky for us, celebrity yoga instructor Danielle Cuccio of Cuccio Somatology and The Beauty Blender is offering up her favorite tips to keep your mind and body in tip-top condition. She’s even included a video tutorial on how to do a yoga vinyasa to get you started!
1. Water. Lots of it. As the weather gets warmer, we’re more likely to become dehydrated. Drink 2 liters of water a day. Your body and skin will thank you!
2. Apple Cider Vinegar & Probiotics – I can’t stress the importance of our digestive health! When I travel and don’t take my probiotics with me (because they have to be refrigerated), I definitely see and feel a difference. The food I eat doesn’t get digested the same and I just feel like a mess, not just physically! It’s proven that the brain and the gastrointestinal (GI) system are intimately connected so it also has an effect on your mood!
3. Visit Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com – I like having two books that I’m reading at a time. One that has to do with my job: yoga, beauty, health, diet, nutrition, etc. AND another simply for pleasure. My most recent books, “The Man Repeller” by Leandra Medine and Kelly Oxford’s book, “Everything Is Perfect When You’re A Liar“. Both equally hysterical and entertaining! Nothing better than sitting on a hammock, your favorite chair at home or on a pool float reading an entertaining book! The truth is, when we relax, our bodies and everyone else will thanks us!
4. Sunscreen – UV exposure is the strongest in the summer so be sure to lather on that SPF. Sun exposure is important to get in your natural dose of Vitamin D (recommended 5-30 minutes a day). While working as an Esthetician, I saw sun damage to be women’s number one skin concern. I like to go with a SPF 30 or higher. If you have any freckles, scars, wrinkles and you’d like to prevent any more damage, lather on that SPF! Reapply every 2-3 hours.
5. A Hat – Invest in a hat. Know you’re going to be in the sun for more than 30 minutes? A hat can protect your skin in ways that sunscreen can’t and won’t.
6. Yoga – Too hot to go on a run or hike? Yoga is most often practiced indoors! Yoga allows us to connect to our body in a deeper way. When we do this we can connect more intuitively to our bodies, allowing us to pay more attention to our diets, sleep patterns and overall wellbeing. I practice and teach Power Yoga to keep my body in shape, especially during bikini season!
7. Fruits & Vegetables – A plant based diet is the way to go. Stay away from red meat as much as possible. Summer months have some of the best fruits available! Watermelon, anyone? Watermelon works wonders in replenishing lost fluids in the body. Also, watermelon also contains lycopene, which protects skin against sun damage!
8. The 80/20 Rule – 80% of your diet should be plant-based emphasizing vegetables, fruits, legumes and whole grains and the other 20% can be where you slack off and enjoy things like cookies, pizza, a cupcake or whatever you are craving!
9. Exfoliate – This one I don’t see people doing enough. Pick up a cleanser with jojoba beads or a light microdermabrasion cream cleanser. Use 1-2 times a week in the shower on your face. Get rid of dead skin cell buildup and let your skin radiate this summer!
10. Get Some Fresh Air – Last, but not least, enjoy the summer breeze. Open those windows and enjoy the beautiful weather summer has to offer you! There is nothing like a fresh breeze coming through your home on a hot summer day. Pour a glass of lemonade and enjoy…
Bonus! Check out Danielle’s video on how to do a Vinyasa below:
Pretty sure from the opening shot right on through to the last kiss, you are going to be all over this wedding and its truly remarkable bits. Details like trumpets to celebrate the newly crowned Mr. and Mrs. or the totally unexpected color palette that just works in a really beautiful way. Bask in the glory of pretty blooms by Sweet Marie Designs and images a plenty by Ashley Kelemen and when you’re done? There’s even more of this fancy soiree right here.
From the Bride… Our typical taste can be modern, bright and colorful, and fairly simple. What was so fun about our wedding is we purposely decided to go with a different design aesthetic than what we always gravitate towards. It’s so much fun to not do the same old thing all the time! We didn’t want our friends to say, “Yeah, that’s what we thought we’d see from them”, but at the same time still wanted to work in all the little details that make the whole affair so us (translate as goofy and weird). We went for an overall look and feel that was more glam and rich than our everyday selves… as we should for our wedding! So next to gold vessels, gorgeous deep red blooms, and emerald sequin linens we had Tron playing on the big screen and fancy cocktail napkins with facts like “Sharks eat people for fun.” Basically this is what you get when two dorks decided to throw their version of a fancy soiree.
We planned ourselves and got to DIY a lot, which meant all our details reflected exactly what we love. It was a ton of work and a labor of love but totally worth it for the level of control we were able to have on the whole process. We are both perfectionists and drove each other crazy with all the tweaking and hemming and hawing over the little things. I’m a project manager in construction and Brian is an electrician, so I got to plan and explain my vision, and then Brian figured out how to make it happen in real life. It was a great partnership!
We were so lucky to partner with amazing vendors that totally got our vision. Sweet Marie Designs blew our mind with the floral arrangement down to super cool vases. TACT was amazing in helping to plan all the day details. We’d have been lost without them. And of course, nothing beats Marvimon for setting the mood and feel we were going for.