Even if you’re not much of a sweet tooth, you just might be swayed by this tantalizing olive oil cake featured at Lauren Kelp. With its light and airy texture and bright flavor with a touch of sweetness, it’s the perfect way to cap off a summer dinner party! Take a look at all those luscious summer berries on top of that almond-kissed crème fraîche—is your mouth watering yet?
“This olive oil cake is so light and fresh and only slightly sweet–thus its appeal! So for you fellow readers who lean more towards the savory side, this cake is for you. It pairs perfectly with a dry white wine or a fabulous rose, and it truly is a crowd pleaser!” says Constance of Lauren Kelp.
For the full post and more delicious inspiration, check out Lauren Kelp!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons almond extract
- 4 oz. crème fraîche
- 1 peach (sliced into thin wedges)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup cherries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly coat one 8-inch cake pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the milk, and then gradually add the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of almond extract.
- Add the flour mixture, and stir until blended.
- Transfer the batter to the cake pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix the crème fraîche and remaining almond extract until combined.
- After the cake has cooled, top with crème fraîche mixture and fruit.
- Serve and enjoy!