From Hello Natural… My house is full of magazines and pages ripped from issues months (or years) ago, creating way too many of the dreaded ‘piles.’ But I dare not get rid of them because occasionally a page pops up that’s amazingly timely and helpful. Like the ad for sweet orange essential oil that I ripped out of a Whole Living magazine two years ago. It’s naturally anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, and it’s an antidepressant and aphrodisiac!
1. Inhale for a quick pick-me-up to start your day
2. Place 1-2 drops on stubborn tile stains. Wipe away after 2 minutes.
3. Combine 12 drops with 1/4 cup Dead Sea salts for a spa-quality bath.
4. Combine 24 drops in a bucket of soapy water. Purify nursery pots and flats.
5. Place drops on air vents to freshen a room.
6. Diffuse in a room to cheer up cranky kids.
7. Combine 24 drops with 4 ounces water. Shake well and spray on houseplants to discourage pests.
8. Use 1-2 drops to lift grease or glue from surfaces.
9. Combine 12 drops with 1/4 cup castile soap and water. Wipe down household surfaces.
10. Place several drops in indoor garbage cans to improve scent and discourage bugs.
11. Combine 12 drops with 1/4 cup salt. Rub on cutting boards and rinse with hot water to purify.
12. Use with kosher salt as homemade fabric softener crystals.
13. Make a natural spider deterrent spray by combining 5 drops essential oil, 5 drops soap and 1 quart water.
14. Add 12 drops to 1 tablespoon vodka and 6 tablespoons water for an energizing kitchen spray.
15. Add a few drops into your body scrub and feel refreshed and awake as you step out of the shower each day.
16. Add 10 drops to a natural floor cleaner to make the whole house smell fresh.
17. Combine with jojoba oil and vodka to make your own perfume.
18. Add 2 drops to a cotton ball and dab lightly on a blemish.
19. Mix 2-3 drops with 1 ounce of almond oil and massage into skin to fight cellulite.
20. Add 2-3 drops to a bowl of hot water for a steam inhalation to help colds and coughs.
21. Place 2-3 drops in a glass of water, then swish and spit to treat gingivitis and mouth ulcers.
Read more on natural beauty, living, and more at Hello Natural!
Looking for more ways to work orange into your life? Click on the gallery below!