Style expert, TV personality and author of the new book ‘The Cheap Chica’s Guide to Style: Secrets to Shopping Cheap and Looking Chic‘ Lilliana Vazquez knows a thing or two about style & beauty. The stunning fashionista known for her frugal style and chic beauty finds shared exclusively with SMP her favorite summer must-haves including a lux face mask and must have blush stick! Click through the gallery below to see all 10!
This pool house is a study in chic; taking the essence of modern and Palm Beach and marrying them into an ultra cool, summer ready space. And would you believe that the fab designer behind this pretty little spot is still in high school? We’re thoroughly convinced that Kevin O’Gara is a design genius. See even more including the before pictures for this fun project on his blog, Though Swell.
In a classic Neil Reid home in Atlanta, GA, high school student Kevin O’Gara transformed a gracious pool house from beige and wood trim to bright and modern, channeling the laid-back elegance of Palm Beach. With a mix of traditional and mid-century furniture, and a cool palette that balanced the terracotta floors, the space went from drab to fab, and became the perfect hangout spot by the pool!
Last weekend, I went camping in the Catskills with new friends, where we bonded over conversations about the perfect toasted marshmallow and whether s’more counts as a verb (we unanimously decided it did). I miss those campfire mallows with their smoky char and creamy centers, but until the next trip this toasted marshmallow ice cream recipe from Jessica of A Happy Food Dance might help tide me over!
“It reminds me of camping, summer nights, the smell of tents and sticky fingers,” says Jessica. “This toasted marshmallow ice cream brings all those wonderful memories back. Plus you can slide it in between graham crackers and some Hershey’s chocolate squares and totally have a new twist on a s’more.” Now that’s some genius s’moring.
For the full post and more mouthwatering recipes, check out A Happy Food Dance!
|cook time||total time|
- 1 pint (16 ounces) heavy whipping cream
- 1-14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- marshmallows, roasted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add one pint of heavy whipping cream. Start beating slowly, and then once it starts to foam, increase speed whipping until soft peaks form.
- Carefully add the sweetened condensed milk, gently as to not to deflate the whipped cream. Add in vanilla in the same manner. I used a rubber spatula to fold in.
- Add toasted marshmallows. I toasted mine in the broiler, but you could easily do them on the stovetop of a gas oven or with a kitchen torch. You want to toast until there are a few charred edges, just like over the campfire.
- Pour toasted vanilla ice cream mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in freezer until hard.
Find more recipes perfect for summer below!
Got a serious case of wanderlust? Before you book that plane ticket, we recommend reading Kat Neunaber’s travel advice from Waiting on Martha. It’s a year’s worth of research condensed into 11 must-know tips, where you can find out how to pack the ultimate carry on, discover the best travel websites and apps and more. Check it out in the slideshow below!
For the full post and more inspiration, check out Waiting on Martha!
For more travel inspiration, check out:
Whether you’ve got plans to hit the beach or host BBQ in the backyard, the 4th of July is the perfect opportunity to hang out with friends & family. Nothing gets a party started quite like an epic playlist of #American hits, which is why we decided to create one for you! Check out our Spotify playlist below for the ultimate 4th of July playlist.