This chocolate lover was nothing but a million heart eye emojies for these dark chocolate cookie shots. If you think they look delicious, trust that they taste even better. The perfect little one stop shop for a Valentine’s dessert and even better when part of a whole delicious spread. Because the only thing better than chocolate is chocolate upon chocolate upon chocolate with a little sip of milk. YUM!
From Abby… I tried two different recipes. A roll out chocolate sugar cookie (the idea is that they don’t want to spread so this seemed perfect). AND a pre-made gluten free, chocolate fudge cookie from wholefoods. Both worked so-so but the one that seemed to have a slight edge? The pre-made gluten free variety!
Dark Chocolate Cookie Shots – Two Approaches
PopSugar has a great video using a pop-over pan!
We used this silicone mold!
1. Once you have your dough, you want to gradually fill your mold. Don’t overfill or stuff down but make sure that your mold is completely covered with no holes in the dough.
2. Bake about 5-10 minutes past the instruction time. We baked our first from-scratch recipe by about 8 extra minutes. Our gluten free variety needed about 10 extra minutes. You can gently touch the top to feel if they have set up
3. Allow to cool completely, then gently remove.
4. Once you have your cookie shots out and cooled, melt about 6-8 ounces of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl (you might need more if you are making more than 10. Pour a small amount of chocolate into the bottom of each cookie, then turn your cookie allowing the chocolate to bleed up the sides as high as you can. Pour any excess chocolate out into a separate bowl. This will ensure that your milk has a sealed area to get cozy in.
5. Now, rim it. We used crushed toffee but anything goes here. Brown sugar, sprinkles, crushed dark chocolate, anything! You’ll want to dip your cookie shot into the melted chocolate first, then into your topping.
6. Finish with ICE cold milk (don’t skimp here with the cold factor) and pop a pretty straw 3’s and they were the perfect size.
Photography: White Loft Studio | Design And Styling: Style Me Pretty Living
We’re pretty sure that Valentine’s Day is Style Me Pretty’s signature holiday. Our colors are actually blush and bashful (or pink and pink!). But to us, sharing the love is more about the company you keep than anything else, whether that’s you and your hubs or a gaggle of your favorite girlfriends. So this V-Day is all about sharing the love. With a really pretty party and REALLY good food.
PINK! Okay, and gold and blacks and well, romance. We wanted to capture the sweetness of such a holiday with the luxury of throwing a little party at home, with those you love. So we wanted pure oppulance paired with whimsy, we wanted casual sitting pretty next to all out fancy pants.
Matte champagne sequin tablecloths set the tone and were placed on the coffee table and dessert table. We had a fire in fireplace to set the mood. And a mini champagne tower on white tray on coffee table to set the glam factor. We swapped out our regular pillows with pretty pink varieties and sprinkled in our pink desserts everywhere we could find a flat surface.
Our flowers were generously donated by FiftyFlowers. And while we did get them for free, there are no amount of amazing favors that could justify the crazy incredibleness of the blooms themselves and the gracious people who supplied them.
We went with roses of every variety we could think of from garden to spray, sprinkling in tulips and delicate greens along the way. We jam packed as many as we could possibly fit into black urns to up the organic glam factor and placed them around the room so guests could enjoy them from every corner.
- Chocolate Tarts…We whipped up these chocolate tarts, then poured some salted caramel sauce on top.
- Gilded Chocolate Gems…We melted white chocolate, dyed it with a little food coloring, then set it in gem chocolate molds, topping it with edible gold leaf. YUM.
- Rose Cupcakes. Instead of baking our cupcakes in a cupcake pan, we placed wrappers on a sheet pan and scooped an ice cream scoop full of batter into each. The batter pushed the wrapper out a bit so that we had a wider, slightly thinner cupcake, perfect for our rose frosting! Use a Wilton 2D tip to achieve the rose topper.
- Cheesecake Mouse. We’ll have the full recipe coming up later today but think cream cheese, white chocolate, whipping cream and a heavy dose of pure yum.
- Double Chocolate Cookie Cups with Milk. Full recipe coming up later but these were the star of the day FOR sure. We used silicone baking molds to create chocolate cookie cups. Then we dunked them in chocolate, then in toffee and finally topped them off with ice cold milk.
- Ombre Meringue Kisses. Which are as delightful as they sound. Pillowy little nuggets of meringue that were a total breeze to make.
- Chocolate Ganache Cake – A chocolate on chocolate orgy. Yeah, I said it. This was the best cake I’ve ever had (toot, toot) and is a combination of two different recipes that we’ll be sharing this week.
Every good party has a little activity to keep the mood festive. Not necessarily full on crafting, but just pretty cards set out so that guests could tackle their Valentine’s…writing sweet notes and hand addressing envelopes.
We had cocktails & desserts in the living room. Small “station” tables (desserts, valentines, and champagne/eating tables) were set throughout the house. And as our guests left, we gifted them with little watercolor boxes of homemade chocolates.
|Share this gorgeous gallery on |
Photography: White Loft Studio | Design And Styling: Style Me Pretty Living | Flowers: Wholesale Flowers | Calligraphy: Becca Joas | Blush Linen Pillow: Wayfair | Champagne Coupes: ACME Party Box | Gold Cake Stand: Canvas Home | Gold Lumbar Pillow: Wayfair | Pink Ikat Pillow: Joss & Main | Pink Mohair Throw: Wayfair | Pink Pillow: Wayfair | Velvet Pillow: Joss & Main
I hope you’re ready for the Valentine’s Day gorgeousness we have for you this week, loves. We’re loading up on cupid-approved party details, recipes, DIYs and more starting first thing tomorrow. But before we do, we’re sending you this little teaser packed with everything you need to kick off a successful Galentine’s Day party with your besties. And don’t worry, we won’t tell if you’re sneaking pins in between Super Bowl plays!
Galentine's Party EssentialsView Slideshow