Snow, shmo... we are ALL about Spring now and this party is lighting a fire under our seasonal entertaining booties. With a fresh, citrus infused color palette, easy tips for wining (or smoothie-ing) and dining and topped off with the most creative hostess gift idea ever, see what goes into a Spring party that sparkles. Lauryn Prattes Styling and Events teamed up with Sweet Root Village, Momental Designs, Laura Hooper Calligraphy and Abby Jiu Photography and you can catch it all right here!
We love any excuse to host a party, and once the weather is finally starting to warm up we will be craving an evening at home with friends out on the patio, or even inside with the windows open. We have a few great Spring Entertaining Tips below, sure to make any party picture per-fect!
Give your guests something fun with these easy Herb Place Card Favors
Add an extra personal touch with a personal favorite recipe using that herb. We picked up glass votive holders from West Elm and planted a few herbs, finish with a wrap of paper that coordinates with the table design, and made it extra special with a laser cut name tag from LHCalligraphy. We also have some downloadable recipe cards from Momental for you too! Click to download the recipe card front and back.
Forgo a linen and jazz up your table with easy (and disposable!) place mats
We commissioned Momental Design to create hand painted versions for us, but you could easily make your own with patterned papers from Paper Source. Keep all the patterns the same, or mix a few complimentary styles for added interest. Momental created a printable file just for SMP Living Readers! Download the file and print at your local print shop.
Embrace the flavors and colors of spring by serving a signature smoothie
Stir in a few superfoods (like Chia, Gogi Berries or Hemp) and embrace the newest trend.
Edible flower garnish
Edible flowers are one of the easiest ways to bring color and interest to a dish, and definitely is a must for a Spring event. Pansies, rose petals and lavender are all edible, just make sure you buy organic!
Who said dinner parties have to be formal and stuffy? Lighten things up with stylish bites and tapas instead of a heavy plated dinner. Have fun with props and take inspiration from Heirloom with mini-picnic baskets, cakes stands, and of course a variety of platters.
Make a handful of mini-pies and then set out in a different room with a variety of toppings for guests to top their own, as well as to get everyone up from the table and socializing.
Don’t forget the hostess!
Maybe you are just attending a Spring party and not hosting one? We have you covered - in-stead of that boring bottle of wine or bouquet of flowers bring a creative and unique give your host will love. Here's what we included...
- Marble bowl: Instead of gift wrap or a bag why not give your gift in a serving bowl? We picked marble because who can resist? But a wood serving bowl would work just as well!
- Fun and seasonal kitchen towels: Lemon prints are in-season and on-trend and a great Spring kitchen refresh
- Lemongrass ginger countertop spray: We loved the smell of this spray, so refreshing!
- Wood spoon and spatula: a kitchen can never have too many!
- Marble muddler: Your host will never know how much she needed one of these until she has one, be the one to introduce her to this wonderful kitchen must-have!
- Lemon candy: A little something to enjoy after the guests leave.
- We also added some fresh citrus fruit to the bowl to add even more color