Fresh Peach Bowls with Homemade Coconut Ice Cream
Crafted by Kara Stout , this summer recipe takes peaches and ice cream to a whole new level. And we won't even tell you how healthy it actually is. Why ruin all the fun? Homemade coconut ice cream, ...
Crafted by Kara Stout, this summer recipe takes peaches and ice cream to a whole new level. And we won't even tell you how healthy it actually is. Why ruin all the fun? Homemade coconut ice cream, candied pistachios and fresh peaches are match made in heaven. Learn how to make this crazy simple dessert below. It goes a little something like cut in half, fill and top with pistachios. Boom, done.
There’s no better combination in the summer than cold ice cream and fresh fruit. And what makes this even better is that it’s a dairy-free, vegan, and refined sugar free, no-guilt indulgence. Not to mention the variety of vitamins and minerals, healthy fats and antioxidants this refreshingly sweet dessert provides. It’s a great source of vitamin C, potassium, iron and vitamin E. This treat is a healthy, summery twist on peaches and cream and is just as pretty as a peach!
4-Ingredient Coconut Ice Cream
½ cup unsweetened organic coconut cream
½ tsp vanilla
1 tbsp organic pure maple syrup
¼ tsp sea salt
1. For the coconut cream, you want to choose an organic, full-fat unsweetened coconut milk in the can. Place the can in the fridge and leave for at least 24 hours.
2. The cream and water will separate in the can so be sure not to shake the can since you just want the cream that is on top.
3. Open can gently and scoop out the cream into a mixing bowl. Stop when you begin to see the watery liquid.
4. Add the vanilla and maple syrup to the mixing bowl and whisk.
5. Next, add the sea salt and whisk until all is combined and is a smooth consistency.
6. Place in the freezer for at least 2-4+ hours or overnight.
1 tbsp organic coconut oil
½ cup raw pistachio pieces
1 - 1½ tbsp organic pure maple syrup
1. Mix the coconut oil, pistachios and maple syrup together in an oven-safe glass bowl.
2. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, stir pistachios and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
Fresh Peach Bowls with Coconut Ice Cream
3 organic peaches
Homemade coconut ice cream
1. Cut peaches in half and remove pit. You will have 6 peach bowls.
2. Scoop coconut ice cream into peach bowls.
3. Sprinkle candied pistachios on top.