Always stock your freezer with pre-made, ready to thaw items, like:
- A frozen cheesecake to top with berries
- A simple pre-made sauce
- Puff pastry for quick desserts & apps
Always have on hand the makings of one simple, but delish meal, like:
- Dried gourmet pasta
- Wedge of good parmesan cheese
- Can of San Marzano tomatoes to whip up a great sauce
- Baguette from your freezer
Always have your pantry stocked with jams, jellies, pickles, peppers and anything else that you can spread on a cracker or top a piece of your frozen baguette with.
Always have on hand the makings of a good cheese board:
- Summer sausage
- A sweet & savory jam
- Good quality hard cheese that keep well
- A soft, spreadable cheese
- Gourmet crackers that feel special
Always keep high quality olive oil and vinegar on hand as they come in handy in many ways
The makings of a signature cocktail can be as simple as champagne and St. Germain.
Always keep on hand easy peasy snacks that are familiar but special, like:
- Crunchy baked chickpeas
- Gourmet tortilla chips
- All-natural flavored gourmet popcorn
- Gourmet salsa
Always keep supplies for a really good but unfussy dessert:
- Caramel for your frozen cheesecake
- Berries and mascarpone cheese
- Gourmet chocolate
- Supplied to make a cup of killer hot cocoa
Always keep on hand disposable and low-maintenance plastic serveware for impromptu parties, where you don't want to do the dishes:
- Bamboo plates feel higher quality than paper and hold up to heavier food
- Bamboo silverware can be gussied up with paint to suit any occasion or color palette
- Paper napkins are the perfect place to bring in a pop of cuteness
- A variety of paper and plastic cups and glasses that can be used for lemonade, wine or as a fabulous vessel for fresh flowers
- Don't forget cute paper straws to make every cocktail taste even better!
- Cute bowls and containers to hold strawberries, popcorn or any other smaller food items
- Favor bags and Chinese takeout-style boxes for sending guests home with chocolate chip cookies or delish leftovers
Remember: accoutrements are everything! Keep supplies on hand to make quick drink flags and cupcake toppers, that would also look great on a cheeseboard. Also keep kraft labels to use as gift tags or labels for food, as well as ribbon to wrap napkins or decorate tables.
Of course, always keep a really great vase and a handful of pretty votives so you can always have a gorgeous table in a flash
Also make sure you have the following serveware, silverware and other tabletop items, so your ready for anything:
- Trays of all sizes, from large to small
- Small bowls to hold everything from extra sauce to jams and sweet treats
- Pretty napkin rings that you love for fancy pants dinners
- Extra flatware, just in case!
- A set of gorgeous linen napkins
- A wooden board to use for serving cheese, apps or breads
- A pitcher to simply make even water feel special
- A white cake plate for any occasion -- whether serving cake or snacks
- Fun plates that you can layer onto a set of white dinnerware
* And remember: keep your entertaining items together in one place for easy access. Pairing like-minded elements together so you can mix and match casual with upscale.