Pavlovas need to be a summer staple. We’ve decided. Topped with lemon infused cream and fresh pile of berries, I promise you you will never look back. Try this classic recipe from chef extraordinaire Nicole McEachnie. She teamed up with Maru Photography for a beachside baking sesh that will have you on Team Pavlova before you preheat that oven.
From Maru Photography… Shot on the beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada (on the beaches of Boundary Bay), local pastry chef, Nicole McEachnie, prepared a beautiful fresh berry Pavlova with piles of lemon-scented cream. This fluffy, creamy berry Pavlova is the perfect, elegant yet easy-to-make dessert for an impromptu summer dinner party with friends.
1 Hour/s 30 Minute/s
2 Hour/s 30 Minute/s
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- 320g sugar
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 400 ml lavender infused whipped cream
- fresh fruit of your choice (we used a medley of in-season berries)
- Night before: Infuse heavy cream with lavender by placing cream in pot with a handful of fresh or dried lavender. Allow cream and lavender to come to a boil. Turn off the heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Strain cream and return to fridge to cool overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a clean, dry bowl, add the room temperature egg whites and with an electric mixer, begin beating until peaks form. Slowly add the sugar one tablespoon at a time until the mixture is thick and glossy and the sugar is completely dissolved. Then fold in the cornstarch, vinegar, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared pan in circular disks and smooth with spatula if desired.
- Place the meringues into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then lower the oven to 230 degrees F and bake for another hour or until the meringues are dry and crisp. Once finished, turn off oven and allow meringues to cool completely in oven.
- Whip infused cream with whisk attachment until peaks form. Spoon cream onto cooled Pavlova and top with desired fruit.