There is something about the way an old fashioned root beer float foams and bubbles that makes me feel like a kid again! These Boozy Buttered Rum Ice Cream Floats however are anything but kid friendly. A healthy dose of dark rum mixed with sweet salted caramel sauce and topped with lots of good old fashioned root beer makes this a tasty dessert and cocktail in one!
And let’s face it, during the hot summer months, what grown-up kid at heart wouldn’t want to indulge in a boozy ice cream float? Of course you could add a bit more rum to taste or switch up the flavor profile by substituting chocolate ice cream. Boozy Buttered Rum Ice Cream Floats would be sensational served at your next summer barbeque or weekend celebration. Now please excuse me as I have a boozy float to enjoy. Happy weekend!
|prep time||cook time||total time|
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1-4oz bottle root beer
- 1 oz dark rum
- 2 Tbs salted caramel sauce, plus more for garnish
- maraschino cherry, optional for garnish
- In a glass or mason jar, drizzle 2 Tbs salted caramel sauce working your way up the sides of the glass as well.
- Pour in 1 oz of dark rum.
- Add two scoops of vanilla ice cream and slowly top with root beer.
- Garnish with a cherry, sip and enjoy!
Photography: Freutcake | Recipe: Freutcake