Now that Erin has let us into her sweet Dancing Goat Dairy world, I want to share a ridiculously simple recipe for Jam and Cheese Crepes. This recipe makes Erin’s goat cheese shine and can be served for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a late night snack! Even better, pack up a stack with a jar and cheese to tote along to a friend-filled brunch this weekend.
- FOR THE CREPES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- FOR THE FILLING
- Goat cheese, to taste
- Jam, to taste
- Blend the flour, salt, eggs, milk, and butter together in a blender or by hand, and let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Brush extra melted butter on a nonstick pan over medium heat. Ladle about 1/3 cup of batter into the pan, leaning the pan from left to right to spread the batter thinly and get a nice round shape. Cook until brown then turn; each side should only take a minute or two to cook. As crepes finish cooking, place in a towel to keep warm.
- Fill a warm crêpe with a couple tablespoons of leftover goat cheese and whatever jam you have on hand. Fold over a few times and serve.