Whether you sprinkle it atop your ice cream or simply eat it with a spoon (no judgement here), there’s one thing I know for certain: birthday cake crumbles need to be in your life. Inspired by the wonderful things they’re constantly churning up over at Milk Bar, a single bite and you’ll be hooked for life. In all honesty, you may even wonder how you ever lived without. Life changing I tells ya!
|prep time||cook time||total time|
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons, tightly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, flour, baking powder, salt and sprinkles until well blended.
- Drizzle in the oil, then the vanilla while mixing. Small clusters of crumbs will form. Continue mixing until that happens.
- Bake crumbs for about 15-18 minutes, then let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe: Milk Bar