S’mores are THE snack of the summer. We all know this. The marshmallows. The chocolate. All smashed between two graham crackers?! It’s a diet’s worst enemy! Attempt to tone down the sugar damage by creating a much healthier version with popcorn! Chocolate in small amounts is considered healthy, right? XO, The Proper Pinwheel
|cook time||total time|
- 1/2 c popcorn kernels
- 2 1/2 c mini marshmallows
- 3/4 c milk chocolate chips
- 1/8 c light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c mini marshmallows (for topping)
- 1/2 c graham cracker crust
- Start by popping the kernels with an air popper. Once popped, spread on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the marshmallows, milk chocolate chips, corn syrup, and butter or margarine. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Gently drizzle the chocolate marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and quickly sprinkle the graham cracker crust and remaining marshmallows on top.
- Allow the popcorn several minutes to set.
Wrap it up in some brown kraft paper or serve in cute bowls (these are my fave!)
Head to the mountains or cozy up to a fire and enjoy!