I’ve been making this nutella banana bread for years now (in fact, I originally posted it on my own blog way back when in 2011, though the photos have since been updated). It’s become somewhat of a staple around here, and for good reason. The stuff is ridiculous! As in, I try to only make it occasionally as I’ve been known to devour the whole thing in one sitting (I judge myself – but one taste and I know you’ll understand).
|prep time||cook time||total time|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 heaping cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8" x 4" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together sugar and butter with mixer at medium speed until blended. Add eggs, beating well after each egg.
- Add banana, milk and vanilla and blend.
- Slowly add flour mixture (I did it in three parts), mixing in between until incorporated (but don't overmix!)
- Warm nutella in oven or microwave until softened. Add 1 cup of the banana bread mixture and stir until combined.
- Alternate spooning banana bread mixture and nutella batter into the loaf pan.
- Using a knife, swirl together the two mixtures.
- Bake for 1 hour - it should be a tiny bit undercooked as it will continue to cook in the pan.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.