Make me a cup of tea, and I’ll be your friend for life. Make me a cup of tea with a splash of lavender infused sugar? That’s BFF status right there. And though it may sound like work, Lauren Werkheiser is here to prove that creating simple infused sugars truly couldn’t be easier. A little of this, a little of that, and you’ve got yourself a decadent little treat that not only makes a great gift, but is awesome just for you as well.
From Lauren Werkheiser… Infused sugars are one of the easiest and sweetest ways to add flavor to your normal recipes. This one, in particular, is one of my favorites. Give it as a gift, or add the sugar to your coffee, tea or other baked goods. Enjoy!
|prep time||cook time||total time|
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2-3 tsp. culinary lavender
- Optional: 1 vanilla bean
- Pour your sugar and lavender into an air tight container.
- If desired, scrape the seeds of one vanilla bean into the sugar as well.
- Seal and shake every day or so.
- After two weeks, your sugar will be infused and delicious!
Photography: Lauren Werkheiser Photography