Spiked watermelon salad bites… you heard right! Chef Wes Hamilton and chef Kevin Humphreys have taken the idea of the salad and flipped it completely on it’s head. And the results? Well they’re absolutely delectable. If you’re looking to impress at your next summery gathering, this is the way to do it. I assure you!
|cook time||total time|
- 1⁄2 cup Rangpur gin
- 1 English cucumber, juiced
- 1⁄4 fresh watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 breakfast radishes, sliced thin
- 4 mint leaves, chiffonade
- 2 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- Fleur de sel or kosher salt
- Agave syrup
- 1 avocado, skin and seed removed
- 1⁄4 cup radish sprouts, most of stem removed
- Mix gin and half the cucumber water, add to watermelon, marinate for 15 minutes (no more) and then drain. Keep chilled. Discard marinade.
- Mix sliced radish, mint, basil and half the lime juice. Season with salt and agave syrup. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Puree avocado with remaining lime juice, lime zest and basil leaves. Season with salt.
- On a serving platter, spread avocado puree on the bottom. Arrange the watermelon cubes on top of avocado.
- Sprinkle radish salad over watermelon and enjoy.