The sun is shining, the heat is back – perfect time to start making popsicles again! I’ve made my share of berry pops so this time I infused some bold flavors. These fresh jalapeño popsicles are refreshing with a bit of zingy heat. It makes for a perfect flavor combo on a hot day. Bonus: make them even more grown up with a splash of rum or tequila! For more recipes, head on over to Audrey’s!
|cook time||total time|
- 1.5 cups of cilantro, stems included
- 3 small peeled, seedless cucumbers
- 1/2 packed cup of mint leaves
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1-2 Jalapeño peppers, seeds removed
- 2-4 teaspoons of coconut sugar, or sweetener of your choice
- 2 cups of coconut water
- Add all ingredients in a mixer, starting with 1 jalapeño and small amount of sweetener. Mix until well blended and very liquid. Taste and adjust sweetness and heat by adding more jalapeño and/or coconut sugar. Fill Popsicle mold with liquid and freeze 4 -6 hours until solid, or according to your mold instructions.
- If you are having trouble finding limes due to the shortage, try it with bottles lime juice or lemon juice.
- If you choose to add alcohol, don't add too much or the pops won't freeze
- This made 7 small and 3 large popsicles for me