On the very off chance that Caitlin Vartanian‘s, recipes for meringue with fresh berries or summer salad giverny didn’t do the trick, I have a good feeling this springtime app with seal the deal. Because not only is it simply lovely sitting atop your al fresco table this season, it’s crazy-delicious to boot!
|prep time||cook time||total time|
- 1 French Baguette
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cup fresh fava beans, shelled
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- Fresh mint
- Balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz. burrata cheese
- Fresh pea shoots
- Cut the baguette on the diagonal into 12 slices. Brush the bread with a little olive oil and grill until just toasted. Rub the slices with the garlic and set aside.
- Blanch the fava beans in a large pot of salted boiling water till just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and put the beans in a large bowl with some olive oil and the salt.
- Smash the beans with a back of a fork.
- Spread the bean mixture onto the toasts, garnish with a small scoop of the burrata cheese, a torn piece of mint, pea shoots and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.