If you’re daunted by the idea of making your own almond milk- don’t be! With only 3 (pronounceable) ingredients and Jasmine Nicole’s easy breezy tutorial, you’ll be stocking your kitchen with homemade batches in no time. Delicious, luxuriously creamy, and healthy to boot- what’s not to love?!
From Jasmine: I’ve been seeing homemade almond milk all over the place lately, and since all I drink is the store bought variety, I decided to finally try some myself! It was a little messy, but otherwise super easy and delicious.
|cook time||total time|
- 2 cups of almonds
- 1 date
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups water
- Nut bag
- Let the almonds soak in water anywhere from 8-48 hours.
- After they've soaked, drain them and add to a blender with 2 cups of water per cup of almonds. Less water= creamier milk.
- Blend with one pitted date and a tsp of vanilla extract to give just the right amount of sweetness.
- Strain out the pulp through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and store in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
- You can actually dry and bake the leftover pulp to create almond meal to use in gluten free baking recipes!