It’s been an entire week since we posted RomaBea‘s garden feast, but I still can’t get it out of my mind. More specifically? I can’t get the food out of my mind! The tarts and berries and bevvy’s, oh my! So I did what any sane person does when faced with beautiful food imagery she can’t shake. I asked the caterer, Caitlin Vartanian, for her recipes. And she just so happened to oblige…
1 Hour/s 10 Minute/s
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint black berries
- Preheat your oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Then prepare your basic meringue mixture. Using a spatula, spread the meringue on to the parchment paper making a rectangle (any size will do).
- Place the meringue into the oven and bake for an hour or until crisp on the outside but chewy and soft inside. Allow to cool completely.
- In a stand mixer using the whisk attachment add the heavy cream and the sugar and whip on medium to high speed until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla.
- Now using your fingers press down on the center of the meringue to create a hollow in the middle of it. Sprinkle in some of the crushed pistachios and berries, then whipped cream. Repeat until you have used up all the ingredients.
- Drizzle caramel on top if desired.