Breakfast burritos are a fast and easy meal that are fun and ensure that we all get a good dose of protein in the morning. Add the flexibility of using up some of my leftovers and skipping on the not-so-good for you drive-through version and I’m sold. For more recipes, head on over to Audrey’s!
- 2 medium tortilla wraps
- 1/4 cup of chorizo sausage, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of orange or red peppers, chopped very small
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Smokey Chipotle Salsa or your favorite type
- 1/2 - 1 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cayenne and/or Smoked Chilli Powder
- Heat a medium sized pan on medium/high.
- Add the sausage and chopped peppers to the hot pan and brown slightly.
- Add your eggs and whisk rapidly, combining egg, sausage and peppers. Turn heat to medium and cook until eggs set but aren't dry. Turn down heat if needed.
- Add salsa and stir to combine. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne/chilli to taste. Turn off heat, add cheese and combine.
- Take out another pan and heat at medium/high, or move egg mixture to a plate and wipe pan with a paper towel. Add a tortilla to the hot dry pan, add half the egg mixture. Fold tortilla into a little package with seam facing down. The heat will stabilize your burrito.
- Repeat with second tortilla. Flip once tortilla is slightly golden and toast other side.
- These taste great warm or at room temperature. Serve with salsa or sour cream. If you have black beans or other favorites, such as corn, sliced jalapenos or tomatillos - feel free to add them as well. Enjoy!