Mother’s Day is a day best spent celebrating the women in our lives that we love most! Today I’m sharing a simple cocktail idea that takes virtually no time to prep and leaves more time for family. In fact almost all of the prep work for these Mother’s Day Champagne Sorbet Floats can be done ahead of time!
Stock up on Mom’s favorite sorbet flavors, I personally like raspberry and mango, but chocolate sorbet would also be quite delicious. Freeze individual mini-scoops portions of each flavor on a flat baking sheet until firm.
When ready to serve, pop a sorbet ball or two into each champagne flute and top with fresh bubbly and a sprig of mint. Celebrating with kids or pregnant Moms-to-be? Substitute the champagne for sparking water or sparkling apple cider. Cheers to Mom! XO, Freutcake
|cook time||total time|
- Champagne or Sparking Cider
- Fresh Mint- optional for garnish
- Scoop and freeze small balls of sorbet on a cookie sheet in the freezer until hard using a 1" cookie scoop.
- Add a sorbet ball or two to each champagne flute.
- Top with champagne and garnish with a sprig of mint.