As soon as winter ends each year (or maybe even a little before) I find myself longing for the fresh, crisp flavors of spring. I couldn’t be more excited that Megan Doherty is sharing her recipe for a tangy, savory flatbread that’s perfect lazy outdoor dinners or toting along on a picnic lunch! I know exactly what’s going in my grocery cart tonight…
- 1 large flat bread (naan, pita or a pre baked pizza dough would also work well)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. Fresh mozzarella
- 10 very thin slices Meyer lemon, cut into quarters
- 4 oz. Parmesan, shaved
- 1 cup Arugula
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano (or your favorite) olives, sliced
- Two thin slices prosciutto, sliced into half inch ribbons
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place flat bread in the oven directly on the rack for five minutes, or until it becomes crisp.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Allow to cool slightly, and pile on all of the other ingredients, arranging them however you find most beautiful.
- Finish with freshly cracked black pepper to your taste and enjoy.