With Easter right around the corner, carrot cake recipes are popping up everywhere. This recipe is an easy version of the classic, in cupcake form. Light, moist, filled with a spiced carrot flavor and topped with the perfect orange zest buttercream- these delightful cupcakes are the perfect way to end your holiday! For more, head on over to Grandbaby Cakes.
- 6 ounces of pureed carrots
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup orange flavored greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 lightly beaten large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In one large bowl, add pureed carrots, granulated sugar, greek yogurt, oil, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop batter into cupcake lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 23-26 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes on cooling rack.
- Add butter to the bowl of your mixer and slowly mix in powdered sugar then turn mixer to high to blend until creamy.
- Add in your orange juice and zest until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes after they have completely cooled then serve.