Can we just talk about the fact that soon enough all those fabulous farmer’s markets are going to be filling up with lush, delicious fruits and veggies?! My mouth is salivating at the thought. And the very first thing I’m going to do after I fill my basket to the brim? Make Carlene Thomas & Rebekah Pizana farmer’s market crostini. Captured by Yvonne Rock, these tasty delights are almost too pretty to eat.
- 1 baguette
- 2/3 cup radishes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful pea shoots
- 1 dozen quail eggs
- fresh thyme
- Slice baguette and toast in the oven until golden.
- Begin layering the crostini with fresh crumbled feta cheese.
- Top the cheese with thin slices of radishes for crunch.
- Cut pea shoots into bite sized lengths and place on top of radishes.
- To cook the quail egg, create a slice into the shell with a knife or scissors, then pull apart shell and crack into a hot pan. It only takes a few seconds to cook, so keep an eye on it! Remove from pan when whites are cooked. Place eggs on top of layered crostini.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and enjoy!