If I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life, it’d be fruit salad. The combinations are aplenty, they’re healthy, refreshing and gosh darnit they’re pretty! Up until this moment, I had never considered creating a melon ball salad, but there’s a good chance that Rikki Snyder‘s version will be on heavy rotation from here on out. Oh, and if you missed the spring brunch that went along with this dish, it’s all right here.
|cook time||total time|
- Half of a watermelon, scooped with a melon baller
- Half of a large cantaloupe, scooped with a melon baller
- Half of a large honeydew melon, scooped with a melon baller
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped mint
- Place scooped melon balls in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with honey and toss to coat the melon.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint and toss again.
- Chill before serving.
Photography & Recipe: Rikki Snyder