With spring around the corner, we can’t help but daydream about sitting on our back deck with a refreshing drink. With that in mind, we decided to try this cocktail with a St. Patrick day’s twist. We came to find that this is one of those drinks that is easily “eyeballed”. A dash of sugar, some club soda, a hearty squeeze of lime… And a tip for extra points: freeze clovers in your ice! For more, head over to Irrelephant.
|prep time||cook time||total time|
- 1-3 teaspoon of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of water
- a pinch of ginger (grated)
- 3 medium basil leaves
- 3 mint leaves
- half of a lime juice
- 1 oz of white rum
- club soda
- Take a mixing glass and add the sugar, water and herbs (You can either put them in whole or rip them in pieces so the flavor comes out quicker!)
- Then add the pinch of ginger and lime juice.
- Throw in the rum (or vodka if you'd like) and shake! Pour in the mixture and top off with a splash of club soda and ice!
- Extra Tip for freezing Ice: Boil the water before freezing them in your ice cube trays! This will give you clearer ice (as opposed to the foggy stuff we're all used to)