Our mission at The Moms Project is to shine a beacon of light on the day-to-day lives of some of the most talented, influential women around. Folks like popular fashion designer Olya, PR maven Claudia, and jewelry guru Anngi, to name a few. In celebration of the upcoming holiday, we caught up with Zoe Giraudo, Visual Presentation Manager at Ugg Australia & Co-Creator of Blonded By Style as she DIY’s her way to Valentine’s Day perfection!
To see more on Zoe’s ideas for a pretty-in-pink celebration pop over to my blog at The Moms Project as you prepare yourself for more fabulousness!
From Zoe… I asked my father when I was really young what is the single most important thing in life and he responded with the strongest conviction ‘LOVE, it is all you need’.
I have built a life, a career and a home around the emotion of LOVE. It is my ethos and litmus test when it comes to my personal style and home décor. Like a long love story, I have tried to fill my home with pieces that I adore. And when I can’t find the exact pieces, I often turn to a favorite antique store, salvage yard or even the dumpster to rescue, re-create and re-purpose pieces that pass the test.
What better way to express your LOVE in your home than the celebration of Valentine’s Day. I am inspired by this holiday, but not in the traditional way of cheap chocolates and store bought red roses. I am inspired by authentic love and embellishing your home with creativity and expression. Opportunities are endless, apothecary jars filled with candy, fresh colorful pink flowers filling the antique jar collection and a statement mantle display …. just to name a few. These small home projects are just the right mix of homegrown DYI to fill your home.
Love is not all about the home. For me it is about my family and not forgetting to spend quality mother-daughter time with my two-year old daughter. Creativity transcends generations and so does giving small tokens of love for Valentine’s Day. I have been giving Valentines gifts for more years than I can count, but why go store bought when you can create your own and bring a smile to your sweet somebody.
1. Find an old frame from the dumpster, paint it and distress it for that old-world feel. Special order glass from local frame shop and add letter decals to the frame with lyrics from your favourite love poem, or better yet your wedding song!
2. Incorporate love artwork scatted though-out your house.
3. Bring in apothecary jars overflowing with red and pink treats and flowers. It looks great atop your entryway console, mantle or anywhere that could use a little extra love.
4. Pimp out your mantle! Marquee letters from RH kids allow the emotion to be scattered across the mantle for a rustic look and a special moment that celebrates more than the holiday.
5. Grab vintage ingredient bags found at your local craft shop. Top them with love bugs and festive treats for that special somebody.