Okay I lied. I said that the tacos were my favorite thing from our Anti-Super Bowl Party. But really, it was these little beauties. Because every person that put one of these cakes into their mouth had a smile the size of Texas. Plus they were a total snap to make using boxed cake mix and pre-made frosting. Cheat-cut in its finest form.
- *You need a miniature whoopie pie pan
- Boxed Vanilla or Yellow Cake Mix
- Pink Frosting
- Coconut or Other Cooking Spray
- 4" Bamboo Skewers
- 1" Masking Tape
- Preheat oven according to box instructions.
- Prepare cake batter.
- Spray your whoopie pie pan.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon into each space.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, watching carefully.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make your flags. these cake toppers are not only cute, they help hold each cake together.
- Cut 2" pieces of masking tape. Fold around top of bamboo skewer. Cut into a flag.
- Once your cakes are cooled, cut off the top of each to provide a flat surface. Save the rest for snacking!
- Using a pastry bag filled with frosting and a wide tip, pipe a dollop of frosting onto the first layer. Gently press the second layer on top. Repeat with another dollop of frosting and place the third layer on top. Repeat for the last time with a dollop of frosting, top with sprinkles then insert your skewer until it goes through all three layers.