We got to go behind the scenes with one of our favorite Cake Artists in the biz, The Sweet Side, and now the company’s founder, Kara, is sharing her top secret recipe for Meringue Cookies. Perfect crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside little bites that literally only have like 3 ingredients! Check out even more perfect desserts right here!
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- Food Coloring (if desired)
- Heat your oven to 250 degrees
- Make sure that all bowls and utensils are completely grease free
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip egg whites until they reach soft peaks
- Add Sugar little at a time, allowing the meringue to come to stiff peaks before adding more
- Add food coloring a drop at a time until it reaches desired color, allow meringue to come back to stiff peaks if needed
- Fit a pastry bag with a wide star tip and pipe cookies to the size of a ½ dollar onto parchment lined baking sheets
- Bake for 40 minutes, turn off oven.
- Let meringues rest overnight in oven.