It may be a wee bit cold to go on and on about all things ice cream…but we’re doing it anyway! Because here at SMP, we are always on the lookout for pretty recipes that our loves will love or that we can whip up ahead of time to serve to a small crowd. And this grown up version of a kid favorite definitely fits the bill. Just make them the morning of your dinner party and voila, insta-dessert.
Two fun tidbits about these cookies before we dive into the recipe. First, they were actually made for our DIY Editor, Jess’s, Real Wedding. She served them to a crowd of a hundred or so and everyone was licking their plate clean. How cute, right? Second, we re-made them for this shoot and guess who I shot with that day? My 17 year old niece, Lexi who is a far better photographer than I’ll ever be and made the whole day so much more fun. Cute times two right? Okay, back to the goodness.
|cook time||total time|
- 12 Pizzelle Cookies (pre-made our using this recipe
- 1-2 Pints of Vanilla Ice Cream (or our best ever vanilla ice cream)
- Wax Paper
- Baking Twine
- Remove ice cream from freezer and let soften about 15 minutes.
- Using either a 1/4 cup or a 1/2 cup (depending on how much ice cream you want sandwiched in between), scoop your softened ice cream onto your first pizzelle cookie taking care to not press too hard. Working on a very flat surface helps a lot as these cookies are delicate.
- Gently (very very gently) press the 2nd cookie on top of the softened ice cream. Roll your sandwich in your sprinkles and set aside.
- Moving quickly, repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Once set, wrap in a 3" x 8" piece of wax paper, taping to secure. Tie with a pretty piece of twine.
- To keep your sandwiches fresh, place on a cookie sheet and cover tightly with plastic wrap, then another layer of aluminum foil. Freeze until ready to eat up to 2 days.